Title image

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sarah says...


posted by bitchphd
"I cannot begin to describe what a whirlwind the previous day has been for me. I honestly have spent the last 6 months resigning myself to the fact that I wouldn't be going to my sister's wedding, and had pretty much gotten used to it, as much as I hated it. But the amazing insanity of the last 36 hours or so has turned that world completely on its head. 'Unnamed Coworker' (yes, she does work with me) was right, it completely overwhelmed me to the point where I broke down and cried yesterday afternoon at my desk after coming out of a meeting and finding out the total and reading the comments (said coworker also gave well needed hugs).

I am going home. For the first time in over 4 years I am going home, and will see my baby sister marry an awesome guy (though, of course, no guy will ever truly be good enough for my little sister) and this is entirely, and emphatically, only due to you all. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I'm not often moved to soppyness but this warrants it. And, of course, a special thank you to our wonderful Dr. B, the incredible bitch we all aspire to be *grin*.

Thank you everyone.
Sarah

PS Oh, don't worry all though, there will definitely be pics, as I am expecting the memory stick in my camera to be smoking :)"

...

And from me: we booked the LA-NZ ticket last night, and when I see Sarah this weekend I'll write her a check for the balance and she'll be able to book a Chicago-LA ticket. I think there's about $190 left, which should be enough judging by the ticket prices I was seeing yesterday. So, once again, thank you to everyone who pitched in. It was great being able to help Sarah out, with all of your assistance--makes me feel decidedly non-bitchy.

For those who asked where I found good deals on tickets--and really, for everyone, because who doesn't want to save money on airline tickets?--the first place I look is always Air Fare Watchdog. I got a round trip ticket from Chicago to Minneapolis for under $100 not too long ago through that site. Highly recommended.

Later today we'll return to your regular cranky blogging.


Update: Some people are still continuing to donate, and Sarah says that she really truly has more than she needs for the plane ticket now. It's really generous of all of you to have helped. Thanks :)
I support Health Care for America Now

Comments are great; obnoxious comments get deleted. Deal.

We are legion
contact Bitch PhD
contact M. LeBlanc
contact Ding
contact Sybil Vane
contact Taddyporter




Need emergency contraception? Click here or here.


money to burn?


Wacoal bras & lingerie

Or, if your money is burning a hole in your pocket, here's Bitch PhD's
Amazon Wish List
(If you'd rather send swag to LeBlanc or Sybil or Ding or Taddy, email them and bug them about setting up their own begging baskets.)


Welcome New Readers
So Wait, You Have a Boyfriend???
Ultimate Bra Post part I
Ultimate Bra Post part II Abortion
Planned Parenthood
Do You Trust Women?
Feminisms (including my own)
Feminism 101 (why children are not a lifestyle choice)
Misogyny In Real Life (be sure and check out the comment thread)
Moms At Work--Over There
Professor Mama
My Other Mom
Moms in the Academy
About the Banner Picture



Archives