Title image

Monday, August 15, 2005

Help Sarah go to her sister's wedding


posted by bitchphd
In comments to the crumpet post, frequent commenter Sarah in Chicago let on that (1) she's homesick for New Zealand; (2) she hasn't been home in 4 years; (3) her sister's getting married next month; (4) she can't afford a plane ticket.

So I thought. Hm. What if we did a blog fundraiser to see if we can buy Sarah a ticket back to New Zealand for her sister's wedding? This blog gets about 5,000 readers/day. I did some googling and found a round-trip ticket from LA to New Zealand for under $800 (if purchased by Friday), and another round-trip from Chicago to New Zealand for a little over $1300.

I bet we can do it. If you can help Sarah get home for her sister's wedding, even if only with a couple of bucks, please click on that paypal "donation" button over in the near right sidebar. Everything I get I'll forward to Sarah (who I'm actually going to meet this weekend). Sarah says that if, in the end, we can't raise enough to buy her a ticket, she'll donate it to Planned Parenthood. But I'm sure we can do it. What do you guys say?
I support Health Care for America Now

Comments are great; obnoxious comments get deleted. Deal.

We are legion
contact Bitch PhD
contact M. LeBlanc
contact Ding
contact Sybil Vane
contact Taddyporter




Need emergency contraception? Click here or here.


money to burn?


Wacoal bras & lingerie

Or, if your money is burning a hole in your pocket, here's Bitch PhD's
Amazon Wish List
(If you'd rather send swag to LeBlanc or Sybil or Ding or Taddy, email them and bug them about setting up their own begging baskets.)


Welcome New Readers
So Wait, You Have a Boyfriend???
Ultimate Bra Post part I
Ultimate Bra Post part II Abortion
Planned Parenthood
Do You Trust Women?
Feminisms (including my own)
Feminism 101 (why children are not a lifestyle choice)
Misogyny In Real Life (be sure and check out the comment thread)
Moms At Work--Over There
Professor Mama
My Other Mom
Moms in the Academy
About the Banner Picture



Archives